Friday, October 22, 2010

What I've Been Reading...



A lot of reading. A lot of trying to understand and absorb. I need to force myself make some important decisions and commit to a direction. The paradigm map assignment has really opened the floodgates in terms of sifting through the abundance of resources available and trying to figure out if they are even applicable to my interests, which seem to become more fluid with exposure to more resources. My interests lie within the composition of constructed or "artificial" landscapes (which are truly just layers of ecological systems/but what landscapes are not artificial?). I want my thesis to projectively position new-age stewardship through innovative tactics which understand a landscape as an infrastructure of ecologies: Landscape as a synthetic conduit between complex ecologies. I have always been interested in the theory and measurement of "registry" within the landscape. Registry becomes the interface which emerges as a result of impact or augmentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment