Friday, September 10, 2010

Review Thesis Presentation Critique

This post is in-part to display my reactions to the presentation critiques and also to allow me to get back into the verve of consistent posting and research.

I feel that the review was helpful in a sense that it let me get this project out of the confines of my head and out in the open (as was the purpose of the project). Although, I feel that I perhaps got too focused on the manifestation of the idea into physical and purported form. Trying to fit it into a house/barn obscured the thesis. My goal was to investigate the ways that scenario planning and adaptive management (reviewer coined terms) could become the methodology of the creation of an architectural intervention. With the emergence of the desire to revolutionize building methodologies, I wanted to implement virtues of a closed loop system. A sort of cradle to cradle "liturgy". It ultimately appeared ideological and holistic (but I don't think that that is necessarily a bad thing). Comments from the gallery were relegated to the discussion of 'Closed Loop' systems vs 'Open Loop' systems which is where I want this thesis topic to be driven, a further understanding of Systems Logic thinking. "How big can the closed loop get until it breaks? When should it become an open loop?" Ultimately, such a large topic promotes deeper delving.

No comments:

Post a Comment