Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beginnings...

Hello all,

I suppose I must dust this off and begin. I suspect that my title may fluctuate throughout the term, as would any 'good' developing thesis topic. Right?

I entitle it thus far, "Agro-ecologies and Architectural Relevancies", as I am interested in the value and relevancy that 'architectures' (defined here as the human species' ability to manipulate, adapt, and design the physical and/or built world) have within the ecologies of commercial agricultural production. It is widely known that today's commercial agricultural practices greatly contribute towards negative ecological effects, rendering soil seemingly unusable and mitigating opportunities for sustainable production through biodiversity. My interests lie in the commercial farming sector because I feel that the production and/or shortage of agriculture lies within the nexus of the most important crises that we will see in our lifetime. Above almost all necessities, the way we grow, harvest, and ship our food will continually remain one of the most precious commodities we have. In the end of this, I would like to see an architecture that recognizes this immediacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment